2 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Software
Sr. Software Engineer
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
This position requires an experienced engineer to lead projects within the software development and certification efforts within the electrical engineering organization. This is an exciting opportunity to be a technical leader of the embedded software development to control and monitor the electrical generation systems aboard aircraft. The ideal candidate will relish driving technical decisions and finding ways to exceed our customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills at the system, subsystem, and component level
• Debugging embedded software systems
• The design, development and problem resolution of new and existing software, models, test scripts and components
• Define, analyze and review simulation software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards.
• Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
• Documentation of detailed test plans, test design, analysis, computer modeling, prototype/production test scripts and specification releases.
• Participates in the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, test specifications, status reports, technical reports and project schedules.
• Maintains familiarity with engineering tools and monitors trends in developing technology to anticipate future resource needs.
• Other duties may be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other
legally protected status.
Safran is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Candidate skills & requirements
Education and/or Experience
• B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering. M.S. preferred.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience with B.S., or 2 years with M.S
• Minimum 5 years' experience in embedded software design and coding
• Experience developing reliable critical application software
• Experience managing the software life cycle and related activities
• Regulatory experience such as DO-178C, IEC 61508, or the like is desirable
• Experience using C, C++, microcontrollers, and DSP controllers in an embedded environment
• Experience using scripting languages (Python, Java, etc.) to develop tools necessary to automate data mining
• Comfortable reading schematics, using multimeters and oscilloscopes to perform circuit analysis
• Experience designing, verifying, debugging deterministic embedded control systems
• Solid technical judgement and demonstrated problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals/teams at all levels within the organization and with customers
• Demonstrated high level of ability, leadership, motivation and aptitude
• Knowledge of software engineering disciplines
• Good organizational, administrative and reporting skills
• Team player, capable of presenting views and concerns in-group discussions. Helps to develop team consensus as appropriate
• Capability and tenacity to solve unique engineering challenges, including a knack for asking the right questions.
• Ability to organize thoughts, files, and data well. Ability to write scripts, use databases, and automate flow of data between engineering software packages is a big plus.
• Detailed knowledge of aerospace design, verification and certification requirements is a plus.
• Experience designing architecture of a new embedded system is desired
• Experience with tools such as DOORS and Dimensions is desired
• Experience with motor control is a plus
North America, United States, Ohio
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years