7 months ago
Requisition ID: 6223
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Engineer - Aircraft Information Management to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Join a dedicated cross-functional team of engineers from around the world. Work with engineers from France, India, and ARINC (Annapolis) in a massive collaboration that brings state-of-the-art information management software to keep airplanes connected! Join our team in a strategic growing sector that creates a true end-to-end product providing functionality from the air to ground!
In this position you will develop embedded software for the growing field of aircraft information management solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on all phases of the software life cycle using Agile software development practices. Your work will contribute to the development of our next generation of connectivity devices for aircraft flown around the world!
* Lead a team in the design, code, test and ongoing support for embedded Linux software systems to meet technical and customer requirements.
* Mentor teams on the design, coding, testing, integration and documentation of complex software and drives needed changes to internal processes and tools for software development to increase productivity or quality.
* Prepare software builds for execution in a simulation environment, reference platforms and on the target hardware. Understands and utilizes the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
* Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
* Build, test and deliver real-time embedded software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments
* Translate system level requirements into low-level software requirements and software implementation
* Participate in Design and Code Reviews with other members of the team to identify and eliminate problems early in the development process.
* Develop and document component and moderate changes to software requirements documentation, applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods in the management and tracking of software requirements baseline.
* Lead engineering estimates for tasks such as change requests or problem reports.
* Able to use test equipment (e.g. Logic Analyzer) and software debugging tools (e.g. Wireshark) to aid in the integration process. Apply techniques and skills required to identify a root cause of a given software integration issue.
* Individual job duties may vary.
* Travel could be an option with our customer located in France and Germany!
* This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond 40 hour work weeks.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Advanced level skills in embedded C++ and Linux development
* Experience with networking technologies (802.3, Wi-Fi, and cellular)
* Experience in an avionics/aerospace domain environment
* Experience in Python (or scripting languages)
Additional experience a plus:
* Development experience in an Agile environment
* Development on Robot automated test framework
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.