4 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Position Description: Sr Software Engineer C/Linux - Embedded Platforms
Senior Software Engineer position for Communications Software Engineering programs will include development of state-of-the-art communications systems and implementing embedded software communications protocols in products for international and U.S. based customers, in addition to opportunities for project leadership.
Technical responsibilities for this Sr Software Engineer position will encompass involvement in requirements definition, collaboration on software design, implementing software, unit test and software/hardware integration based on defined requirements and detailed design.
Looking for candidates that have a passion and interest for software development in the following areas:
*Device drivers for embedded operating systems like Linux, Green Hills INTEGRITY and others.
*Boot-loaders and experience with using ARM, PowerPC and x86 development boards.
*Board bring-up experience
*Microprocessor architecture and embedded peripherals
*IP networking and networking protocol experience is desirable.
*Software development and integration role on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code base
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Proficiency in C programming and device drivers, with 5 years work experience
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
* C++, C#, Java, Python, and PERL programming are all desirable. Familiarity with assembly language for ARM and PowerPC is desirable.
* Linux knowledge highly desired.
* Knowledge of mutexes, semaphores, queues, inter-process communication, and interrupt service routines is desirable.
* Experience or familiarity with radio communications systems, Unified Modeling Language (UML) and design patterns is also desired.
* Ability to read schematic diagrams
Excellent written and oral communications skills are required. To be successful, a candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
Ideal candidates will also have experience in earned value measurement and project engineering leadership. Applied experience with standard software development practices and willingness to adapt them to Rockwell Collins software development processes is desirable.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.