10 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
The Government Systems Department is looking for a Senior Software Technician, with a passion for developing and testing software releases. The successful candidate will work with customers, leadership, systems, and hardware. Our solutions keep the aircraft safe, connected and informed by providing situational awareness to the crew in compromised environments. You will be working in a dynamic team environment with engineers that share your passion for providing cutting edge solutions to today's aircraft and military.
Specific responsibilities of this position span all phases of software product development including: software requirements analysis, definition, and validation; software integration and requirements verification testing; software modeling and simulation; coordination among systems, hardware, and other software design functions; developing software related documentation, software builds and software release.
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience is required
* Strong analytical skills is required
* Professional experience with software development process is required
* Experience with Regression and Integration Testing is preferred
* Experience with scripting and other SW Development tools preferred (i.e.Python/C/C++/C#)
* Experience with configuration management tools preferred (i.e. Subversion, JAMA, DOORs and JIRA (ALM Toolsuite)
* Understanding of databases is preferred
* Working knowledge of MS Office Apps (Word\\Excel\\Power Point) is required
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is required
* Self driven and personal initiative, ability to take on multiple tasks and prioritize when necessary is required
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.