5 months ago
Requisition ID: 7654
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Technician - GS Engineering to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Government Systems Department is looking for a Senior Software Technician, with a passion for developing and testing software releases. The successful candidate will work with customers, leadership, systems, and hardware. Our solutions keep the aircraft safe, connected and informed by providing situational awareness to the crew in compromised environments. You will be working in a dynamic team environment with engineers that share your passion for providing cutting-edge solutions to today’s aircraft and military.
* Identifies actual or potential problems in test plans or company products; and assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures.
* Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results to engineering.
* Identifies and documents exact sequence of activities that produce malfunctions; writes, modifies, debugs and verifies source code as required; characterizes defects (provides descriptions for passing and failing tests for product for product evaluation reports).
* Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May be informal team leader.
* Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
* Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve.
* Considerable knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Completes tasks in a resourceful and effective way.
* Performs audits and tests of software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures.
* Responsible for documentation and software release process.
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience is required
* Strong analytical skills is required
* Professional experience with software development process is required
* Experience with Regression and Integration Testing is preferred
* Experience with scripting and other SW Development tools preferred (i.e.Python/C/C++/C#)
* Experience with configuration management tools preferred (i.e. Subversion, JAMA, DOORs and JIRA (ALM Toolsuite)
* Understanding of databases is preferred
* Working knowledge of MS Office Apps (Word\\Excel\\Power Point) is required
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is required
* Self-driven and personal initiative, ability to take on multiple tasks and prioritize when necessary is required
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.