6 months ago
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 41889BR Date posted 02/20/City Westford
Country United States
The Supplier Quality Engineer will work with both the Supplier Base Integration and the Supplier Development Organization along with responsibilities to the Westford ISR Quality Organization. This individual shall have an in-depth background in working with key subcontracts and sub-contract manufacturers, In addition this individual shall have an in depth background and the ability to manage the suppliers within these commodities. Other focus areas of this individual is to develop supplier partnerships to ensure quality, service and cost requirements that meet the needs of the United Technologies Aerospace (UTAS) Westford, MA Operations, Program Management and Engineering teams at UTAS ISR sites. Supplier Quality Engineering involves working with our supplier partners to investigate and correct supplier quality issues and establish a culture of continuous improvement. The goal is to create a trusting relationship with emphasis on removing waste and variability from processes to assist suppliers in reducing their costs, and improving the suppliers' quality and delivery. Person should also have the knowledge in lean and lean techniques with an ability to work with suppliers on lean improvement activity with the supply base for both operational and quality improvement. Nokia Window phone.
1. Direct activities with their supply and commodity base
2. Mentor junior personnel in the department
3. Oversee corrective preventive action
4. Work with both supply and other SBU supply bases
* 6+ years of progressive supplier quality or process quality experience and / or 5+ years’ experience in PWA/ PWB circuit cards and flex assemblies with few years of progressive supplier quality or process quality experience.
* Detailed knowledge of standard AS9100, ISO 9001 Quality Systems and Supplier Management Requirements; and First Article Requirements per AS9102.
* Experience with advanced problem solving techniques, 6 sigma tools, corrective action, root cause analysis, CPK, Gage R&R, and Lean Manufacturing-Understand Metrics / First Pass Yield and general process improvements.
* Fluent in reading technical documents and specifications including GD&T.
* Experience with Supplier Manufacturability and design tolerance reviews in a Low Volume Manufacturing scenario
* Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite particularity in Outlook, Excel Power Point & Word.
* SAPS experience highly desired.
* UP TO 50 % Travel maybe required for this position
* Due to projects/programs this positions requires an US Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s in engineering/ physics or math (technical degree) is required - BS Engineering is highly desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.