6 months ago
Moog, a manufacturer of highly precise motion control systems, has grown steadily over the years both organically as well as through acquisition and is now a two and a half billion dollar, complex company with 14,000 employees globally at over 100 sites.
Moog Aircraft Group in the Torrance location is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to develop the system architecture for new development programs. You will be responsible for the effectiveness of the technical solution created to support the customer’s needs. This includes: Determining the physical properties of the system, building and exercising physics-based performance models of the system in the entire operational environment, creation of requirements baselines for the project and leading system-level integration and test. You will also participate in the strategic side of the business by developing product platforms, new integration and test methodologies, and participation in the business unit strategy development and technology roadmaps.
What you can expect from us:
* Conduct systematic capture, development and documentation of fully verifiable requirements into a total systems solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints through consulting with customers, staff and sales personnel.
* Conduct functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to the other members of the design team.
* Innovate new ways to model systems to support trade studies and solution architectures with customers during early business development efforts.
* Create detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for the testing of systems. Investigate and create new test methods and approaches.
* Conduct system level integration and test including any system anomalies investigations.
* Create concise reports that document the design decisions and analysis results.
* Evaluate and assess new markets, products or technologies in collaboration with other Moog personnel and customers.
* Develop new product platform designs for each business unit sectors. These platforms can support current market positions or create new market opportunities.
* Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its strong technical reputation.
* Operate as a lead member of a team of creative, independent individuals.
* Participate in the creation of strategic business plans and technology plans for business units. This to include business unit strategy maps, functional strategy maps and technology roadmaps.
* Expected to be able to work across Moog sites to coordinate the creation of system solutions.
What we’ll need you to bring with you:
* Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering
* 10 years of progressive experience in the field of Systems Engineering
* Proven general capabilities/competencies in Building Strategic Working Relationships, Planning and Organizing, Customer Focus
* Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Requirements Management, Verification and Validation Methods, Control Systems Design Integration and Test
* Proficiency in modeling tools, such as MATLAB and SIMULINK
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran