5 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Sr. Systems Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG), you will have substantial control over the effectiveness of the overall technical solution (architecture, interfaces and control algorithms) developed to support the customer’s needs. Major responsibilities can include: Definition and management of system requirements, building physics based models of the system and exercising the models over the entire operational environment, facilitating the other design functions thru the decomposition and allocation of requirements and support the integration and test of the resulting system. The Senior System Engineer will guide the system development through their knowledge of the system as a whole, its operational objectives, the subsystem operation and interfaces, and the technical, financial and schedule constraints.
Here’s what you’ll work on:
• Lead the functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Effectively communication these internal design requirement to the other members of the design/project team.
• Create system level models, design tools and simulations necessary to support trade studies and solution architectures with customers during early business development efforts.
• Lead the identification and definition of all Verification and Validation approaches for the system or subsystem.
• Lead the development of subsystem level requirements that are fully traceable to system level requirements. Write specifications to capture these requirements.
• Lead system or subsystem level integration and test, including any anomaly investigations.
• Create concise reports and proposal write-ups that describe the design decisions and analysis results.
• Lead the preparation of successful proposals. Contributions to include subsystem level architecture, verification and validation approaches, component level design requirements, requirements compliance assessment, cost estimates and technical write-ups.
• Develop new product designs and architectures through consulting with customers and sales personnel.
• Support the creation of product platforms for each business unit that reduces the overall recurring cost associated with new product development.
These are the skills you’ll bring with you:
• Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering
• 10 years of progressive experience in the field of Engineering at MOOG is preferred. Equivalent years of experience outside of Moog will be considered.
• Proven general capabilities/competencies in Building Strategic Working Relationships, Planning and Organizing, Customer Focus.
• Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Requirements Management, Verification and Validation Methods, Control System Design, Integration and Test.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran