9 months ago
Sr Systems Engineer
CS PE, Sys, SW Pipeline – Job Description
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control Systems (CS) team, part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit within Honeywell Aerospace carries out Electronic Controller design and development projects for the majority of Honeywell Aerospace’s product families providing a wide variety of hardware and software solutions. Key areas of focus are; Fly by Wire and traditional Flight Controls, Auto Pilots, Environmental Control Systems, Cabin Pressure Systems, Inerting Systems, Propulsion Engines, Auxiliary Power and Sensors. The Controls Systems team operates from eight major sites across the globe and provides support worldwide.
The Controls Systems (CS) team currently has openings for both Engineer I and Engineer II positions within the following disciplines:
• Project Engineering
• Software Engineering
• Systems Engineering
These positions will be located in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, Toronto, Canada or Tucson, Arizona.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of a development project including planning / estimating scope, schedule, cost, technical, resources and risk management.
• Overall technical coordination and leadership of design, development and change activities within the engineering team to ensure that all customer and internal requirements are being addressed.
• Project focal point with all internal departments such as Program Management, Manufacturing (AME / ISC), Engineering, Product Assurance, Supplier Management, Contracts and Quality
• Technical point of contact with our customers and suppliers.
• Responsible for software specification, design, development, documentation, testing
• Integration of embedded application (written in C, C++, or ADA)
• Debugging of integrated code on a Software Test Bench
• Development of a build environment for the 68332, MPC555, MPC566, and/or MPC5554 environment
• ARINC 429 serial communications timing and development
• Script/Tool Windows development to support build environment, source code data manipulation
• Use of configuration tools such as ClearCase, ClearQuest, and/or RCS
• Software build and delivery activities
• Responsible for the controls system design, development and testing
• Understanding and defining high level customer requirements.
• Estimating technical work / contributing to proposal activity
• Developing and maintaining system, hardware and software requirements.
• Model based software development
• System verification using simple and complex validation facilities.
• Configuration management and control of product design
• Support software build and delivery activities
• Develop thermal mechanical simulation models
• Conduct hardware/software/system integration
This posting is to gather interested candidates for future openings at Honeywell, this is not a direct hire position at this time.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
• 2 years of related experience (Engineer I)
• 6 to 8 years of related experience (Engineer II)
• Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
• Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
• Tenacity in meeting project objectives
• Strong problem solving skills
• Work effectively in a cross-functional team environment with ability to lead a team or to act as a team member.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
• Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
• Experience in all phases of system and/or software lifecycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities
• Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
• Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
• Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems and related components
• Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
• Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
• Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
• Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
• Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
• Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
• Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
• Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
• Knowledge of project planning, tracking, reporting and management tools and methodologies. PMP certification is highly valued.
• Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
• Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
• Previous internship experience preferred
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
• Some travel required depending on position ~ 10%
• As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce
Location: greater Phoenix, Arizona area, Toronto, Canada or Tucson, Arizona.
* Job ID: 00348710
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.