8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie "Top Gun", you will love the Test and Training Instrumentation Engineering Department.
Rockwell Collins Test & Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering is responsible for all product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will work in the Government Systems T&TI Life Cycle Systems Engineering team solving the challenges of developing the products needed for the next generation Tactical Combat Training System (TCTS).
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art Range Products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure solutions for U.S. military communication systems, navigation systems, and networks. We mature products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The T&TI Life Cycle Systems Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical excellence in a fast growing Air Combat Training market for system of system requirements, design, verification, accreditation, and sustainment within Rockwell Collins Government Systems. This next generation Air Combat Training system lays the groundwork for delivering Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities to our military training customers. This position will primarily focus on requirements decomposition and systems design aspects of the TCTS training system for military fighters. Design responsibilities will span across the entire system including both ground and airborne subsystems with a special emphasis on building a system of systems that contains multiple open standards based software applications.
Interoperability via an open system and a common platform for ease of integration of applications into this system are key tenants for the customer on delivery. System engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from system design through system testing as well as supporting the customer at Air Combat training ranges with fielded system issues.
* Interpretation of operational concepts and customer use cases into requirements and design necessary to execute a training mission through pre-mission planning, mission execution and post mission analysis
* Requirements decomposition and allocation from the customer requirements through subsystem and component level requirements
* System and Subsystem design including Interface definition and development of derived requirements with a focus on the networking and interface designs between subsystems and components
* Supporting the HW and SW design teams ensuring that the implemented design adheres to the systems requirements established for the products
* Verification and validation of the system ensuring that the final product deliveries meet the design intent and customer requirements.
* Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
* Adherence to and support of the Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
* Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to perform in a highly diverse engineering team
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Practical experience in all aspects/phases of product design and system integration & test
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems.
* Background and/or knowledge of digital electronics and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules are important attributes.
* Self-starter with strong analytical skills.
The candidate must demonstrate that they have superior communication skills as a primary responsibility for this position will be frequent interaction with multiple engineering disciplines, the customer, and our subcontractors to design and deliver this complex, new training system with ease of use as a high priority.
This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
Knowledge of design and development processes is expected. Must possess a desire to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions.
Each candidate selected for an interview will be evaluated on the following criteria: Education, prior experience, domain knowledge, communication skills and technical abilities
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.