7 months ago
Requisition ID: 6935
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - Information Management On-board System to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is to support the IMO (Information Management On-board) system. There will eventually be over 1,000 aircraft flying with this system installed.
This position will be responsible for building the IMO as the most reliable, responsive, and trusted product and team for our OEM customers.
* Determine root cause for customer returned goods.
* Analyze all product return root causes to determine common threads to recommend to the Product Owner corrective actions for future releases
* This could include corrective actions to Hardware design or parts, Manufacturing methods, Platform Software, Application Software, or combinations of each
* Will interact with Rockwell Collins (RC) Cedar Rapids teammates, RC France teammates, Airbus engineering, and airlines to determine root causes of product returns.
* Monitor reliability & warranty performance of fielded products
* Manage root cause corrective action plans
* Create & update technical documentation
* Coordinate and communicate the resolution of field issues
* Develop solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
The effects of your decisions are long-lasting and influence the future adoption and growth of the IMO solution.
This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond 40 hour work weeks.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Must be able to read and understand system level hardware and software requirements
* Must have demonstrated experience documenting root cause analysis findings
* Must have experience in various communication protocols (wi-fi, cellular, SATCOM)
* Should have some prior experience testing on a system level test rig
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/skills:
* Organization - Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
* Analysis - Seeks support and input from key team members to support an in-depth analysis of a problem.
* Coordinating - Exerts consistent effort to ensure that all necessary information is supported internally and externally.
* Customer Service Orientation - Provides superior customer experiences, while building long-term relationships and demonstrating a passion towards customer commitments.
* Dependability - Exerts consistent effort to provide quality results that are focused on the bottom-line.
* Judgment - Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high pressured situations.
* Resolving Conflict - Deals firmly and appropriately with conflict resolution in any situation.
* Writing - Consistently and effectively reviews all written correspondences before they are disseminated.
* Presenting - Develops and delivers clear and effective presentations, skillfully addressing difficult questions and managing the audience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.