18 days ago
Requisition ID: 1524
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - Mechanical Systems (Irvine CA) to join our team in Irvine, CA (1750). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Flight Control Systems have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who's who of aircraft manufacturers. These industry leaders demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality and quality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development and maintenance of our complex systems.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to take on design responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuator, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture and system testing. While working in a cross-functional team environment, daily tasks will include:
* Requirements development and management
* System/Mechanical design, modeling, analysis, and review
* Budget and schedule management
* Test/verification planning, development, and execution
* Customer interface, coordination, and communication
* Coordination with manufacturing operations
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with detailed electro-mechanical systems such as pilot controls, throttle controls, actuators, or other complex mechanical systems.
* Strong history of project management/development, continuous improvement, quality assurance, system processes, and environmental qualification
Additional skills a plus:
* Proficiency in using DOORS software for Requirements capture and management
* Experience with Matlab/Simulink and their application to mechanics and system modeling
* Knowledge/experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design,
* Knowledge/experience in aerospace development processes
* Knowledge/experience in electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as this job responsibility includes multiple levels of cross-functional communication. Typical audiences for project reporting include peer working teams, Program, Engineering, and Operations Management, as well as occasional upper-level management reporting. Additionally, this candidate will support frequent customer meetings and may also support pursuit related activities.
Manufacturing for many of our products and our customers are in locations that require travel. Travel distances range from 10 miles to global locations. Ability to travel internationally is expected. Travel frequency will range from zero to 20% depending on assignment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.