about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 6049
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - Navigation to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for designing, developing, and testing of industry-leading navigation products. Our team is looking for a new member interested in solving complex problems and creatively designing advanced and alternative navigation systems.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments may include tasks such as system design work on a variety of military applications including the development and validation of various signal processing models and simulations. These models and simulations will be developed to support various system analysis as well as direct implementation in digital signal processors for use as rapid prototypes or product solutions. Senior engineers will be available to provide mentoring to develop your skills as a system engineer and to increase your depth of knowledge in GPS technology.
The Positioning Navigation and Timing Solutions Directorate team has responsibility for developing new GPS navigation technologies and demonstrating the technology implemented in prototype hardware under field conditions. Primary areas of interest are Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers and simulators, multiple sensor fusion for navigation systems, GPS Anti-Jam and Anti-Spoofing techniques, and other classified product lines.
The successful candidate should be experienced with and will have primary responsibilities in the following areas:
* Strong oral and written skills as this position involves working with a diverse team of experienced professionals, customers, and vendors
* Experience developing efficient signal processing architectures and algorithms for direct implementation in embedded digital signal processors
* Creating, modifying, and reviewing digital signal processing architectures and source code
* Developing verification and validation tests
* Developing support scripts and utilities
* Performing hardware, firmware, and software integration, verification and validation activities under the technical mentorship of senior engineers
* Collaborating with other systems integrators, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to resolve system issues
* Developing presentations and technical reports
* Understanding of current system engineering processes
Must Have Requirements:
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience working with system engineering processes
* Experience with leadership as a part of program execution
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.