6 months ago
Requisition ID: 2695
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - Nuclear Surety Mission Systems (Clearance required) to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Mission Systems Engineering team develops and produces a range of solutions, products and systems for a variety of SC2 aircraft and ground platforms. The team is seeking highly capable, proactive Systems Engineers with Nuclear Surety experience on a variety of programs.
Rockwell Collins Government Systems in Richardson, Texas is growing with multiple projects starting in our Strategic Command and Control (SC2) business area providing exciting opportunities for challenging work and career growth.
Engineering role for full life cycle Nuclear Surety process
Systems requirements development to adhere to Nuclear Surety requirements
Working with government agencies to support Surety process
Maintain the process discipline on specific projects essential for developing the systems engineering artifacts in a disciplined approach.
Focus is placed on process design tasks and LEAN including metrics collection.
Analysis to further increase the effectiveness of the processes and as needed make improvements to further drive efficiencies
Working in a collaborative environment across multiple disciplines
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* US Citizenship required.
* Candidates must have an active US DoD Secret clearance or have had one in the last 24 months
* Five (5) or more years of successful experience in a Nuclear Surety relevant Systems Engineering role
* Experience in system development processes required to meet Nuclear Surety requirements for US DoD programs
* Direct working knowledge of US Government publications that support the Nuclear Surety process
* Direct working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
* Knowledge of military ground and/or airborne systems and architectures developed with RMF requirements
* Requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS, Jama) working experience.
* UML/SysML modeling tool working knowledge.
* Strong demonstrated capabilities in teamwork and project success are required.
* Experience multi-tasking in an environment with multiple competing deadlines.
* Experience in using change management tool (or equivalent)
* Design, development and fielding of hardware or software system requiring Nuclear Surety
* Managing projects using modeling base system engineering
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.