5 months ago
Requisition ID: 7152
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - Pro Line Fusion Avionics to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
We have a Senior Systems Engineering opportunity to join our highly motivated and multi-functional team of systems engineers responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting a major business aircraft customer with our industry-leading Rockwell Collins Fusion™ avionics system.
* Coordinate with customer to create flight deck requirements
* Develop and evaluate trade studies between various system design alternatives
* Generate system-level specifications covering a wide variety of avionics subsystems
* Coordinate with design engineering the capture of technical requirements
* Perform system testing and robustness testing to demonstrate compliance with certification requirements
* Investigate and troubleshoot customer and internal issues and recommend corrective actions
There is a potential for some domestic travel.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Requirements capture and management
* Requirements traceability
* System / subsystem interface definition
* System integration and test
* System requirements validation and verification test and analysis
* Candidate must be a self starter, be able to multi-task, manage unplanned events, and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve results that exceed expectations
* Candidate must be able to communicate, both written and verbal, with employees at all levels in the organization, and must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Additional skills a plus:
* Integrated modular avionics systems
* Prior business, regional or air transport avionics product design/system engineering experience
* Aircraft-related industry standards for systems and/or software development (ARP-4754, DO-297, DO-178B)
* Systems engineering processes
* Architecture development
* Real-time, embedded systems and processing
* Network communications and avionics busses (ARINC-664, ARINC-661, ARINC-429)
* Rational Tools: DOORS
* Change Management tools: ALM/Jira
* Knowledge of Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion or integrated avionics systems.
* Interest in aircraft systems and operations
* Experienced pilot
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.