As a Tool Engineer (Ground Support Equipment) level 4 you will lead the development and test of Mechanical GSE in support of X-37B operations. Be a part of our skilled and highly motivated team who are at the forefront of modern spaceflight. The X37 program is demonstrating a reliable, reusable unmanned space test platform for the US Air Force.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
• Lead the development or update of Design Engineering, as required, to support new and modified Mechanical GSE and Tooling
• Gather information from applicable specifications and Program sources to define GSE design requirements
• Support the development of Manufacturing Documentation in support of GSE and Tooling fabrication and maintenance
• Coordinate GSE fabrication and maintenance activities with Program teammates: Internal and Outside Manufacturing, Production Control, Laboratory Test, Stress Engineering, M&P, Quality, Management and Customer personnel
• Prepare and present briefing material as required at Design and Readiness Reviews
• Review readiness/inspection data (i.e. calibration data, weld inspection data) for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to GSE delivery to internal Boeing customers
• Take a lead role in explaining off-nominal data and the closing of non-conformance tags
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
•SSBI Pre-Start security clearance is required.
•Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities
•Strong problem solving skills and logical thinker, self-starter, team player, good communicator
•Position may require occasional travel to CA sites for program activities for the initial year of assignment
•Competent in 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods as well as MS Office; Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Experience in developing Mechanical Engineering drawings using Unigraphics design tools
Experience in the development of manufacturing documentation in support of GSE fabrication and maintenance
Experience in the development GSE design requirements
Space or launch vehicle experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.