7 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Trips Operations Coordinator to join our team in Houston, TX. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Houston. Relocation to Houston is required.
* Consult with clients regarding international flight planning. Develop solutions and offers options to execute complex trip itineraries.
* Prepare service request messages to Service Representatives and Aviation Authorities. Service requests include, but are not limited to flight clearances, flight planning, ground handling, credit arrangements, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, fuel setups, and customs notification.
* Utilize complete knowledge of various windows based computer applications, with a focus on Flight Manager.
* Compute flight plans using various flight planning engines, notably ArincDirect and Skyplan.
* Interface with flight planning department to build flight plan routes and verify their accuracy and acceptance with ATC/authorities.
* Required to make quick decisions for delayed or diverted flights and execute plan of action to revise permit/slots, ground services, and flight plans, while simultaneously briefing client of all options.
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related aviation experience in aviation dispatch and/or flight operations.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Must have requirements:
* Must be able to work non-standard shifts. 24 hrs, 7 days a week.
* Multiple language fluency preferred, not required.
* Experience working high tempo international trip support operations.
* Experience reading aeronautical charts preferred.
* Experience flight planning preferred