5 months ago
Staff Engineer PurePower Supplier Designed Equipment
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53916BR Date posted 09/19/City Windsor Locks
The UTC Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 16-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
The first cohort of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from January 22, 2018 – May 11, 2018.
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the UTC Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
Currently be on a voluntary break of at least two years or more
Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on January 22 – January 24, 2018
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Engineering Partnership Office (EPO) Lead Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) Project Engineer
The EPO Project Organization at United Technologies Aerospace Systems – Engine and Environmental Control Systems is seeking a Lead Project Engineer with demonstrated leadership experience in meeting customer and company objectives. Job responsibilities require an energetic and dedicated individual to operate within a faced paced, multidisciplinary team to drive execution of SDE projects for PurePower Electrical Buy Components.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage / Lead the execution of PurePower Electrical Buy projects in various stages of the product life cycle
- Engage UTAS Global Engineering Centers to develop and expand SDE capability
- Plan / Manage electronic program budgets, schedules, and resources
- Communication on program status to engineering leadership, customers, and the program office
- Work with customers, engineering leadership, and program office to develop/acquire new business opportunities and activities
- Understand customer/ internal processes and ensure adherence
- Define organizational/process deficiencies and implement corrective action
Successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual with excellent communications skills, eager and capable of being held accountable for achievement of business objectives, and who understands and recognizes the importance of holding others accountable for their actions. Practices the principles of time management and able to schedule time of and manage assigned personnel on multiple projects. Applicants should demonstrate a good work ethic and be committed to the success of the business.
Qualification: 10+ years Project or Program Management experiences, preferably in a fast-paced aerospace environment.
- Experience with design, test, and manufacture of sensors and electric systems
- Experience in the Development to Production product life cycle
- Familiarity with mechanical/electrical/manufacturing engineering concepts
- Experience managing/leading projects utilizing an Earned Value Management System
- Experience working and leading Integrated Product Development teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technical and business proposals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project & Excel
- Experience working resource plans necessary for successful program operation required.
Successful candidate will be highly adaptable and will inspire confidence in their team by maintaining a positive attitude while driving accountability and urgency.
Education: BS in a relevant Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials). Advanced degree in Engineering and/or Business desired
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.