5 months ago
Staff Project Manager, Engineering
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58532BR Date posted 12/23/City Colorado Springs
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The Staff Project Manager is responsible for the successful management of entire New Product Introduction (NPI) projects with significant scope and complexity. They drive the actions of the Integrated Product Development teams with projects for commercial and military platforms utilizing the business NPI tools and processes.Develops and coaches lower-level project managers.Drives and oversees all aspects of project planning, execution, interfacing with internal departments, and interfacing with our customers.
* Responsible for effectively developing and managing project schedules for New Product Introduction of Military & Seating products.
* Ensures all project milestones are achieved within identified and documented time, budget, and performance expectations for small projects or discreet tasks within multiple projects.
* Monitors projects from initiation through first production delivery.
* Utilizes the UTAS Project Management tools and systems on projects (GLPDS, Stage Gates, etc.
* Evaluates, develops, and/or implements standards and procedures for project management methodology, practices, procedures, and tools.
* Maintains the necessary project metrics.
* Functions as the Integrated Product Development Team Leaders, coordinating numerous functional disciplines in support of project execution.
* Facilitates communication between functional groups and with the client.
* Identifies improvement opportunities and participates in continuous improvement activities for the Project Management and Integrated Product Development Team processes.
* Monitors and reports the status of all projects to Engineering management staff, project sponsors, clients and other stakeholders.
* Utilizes SAP to monitor production and business data and to drive procurement/manufacturing requirements.
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
* Performs other duties as required to ensure project success and improvement to COS’s product development processes.
Qualification: Experience Required:
* 7 years industry experience with at least 2 years’ project management experience.
* Experience with work breakdown structures, scheduling, pricing and estimating.
* Prior experience with New Product Introduction
* Military project management experience
* Strong teamwork and leadership abilities.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of an integrated project team.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
* Demonstrated ability to act strategically and tactically to support successful project completion.
* Strong customer focus.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams.
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Strong computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
* Strong organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
* Expresses ideas effectively to establish oneself as a credible and impactful leader.
* Adjusts personally to high pressure, rapidly changing business conditions and uncertain business environments.
* Drives obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
Up to 10% of time traveling
Work Environment/Other Position Requirements:
Office environment or office environment on production floor.
Occasional need to be on production floor, requiring safety glasses, and ability to stand for long periods.
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Ability to input, access, retrieve, and send information via computer.
Education: Education Required:
* BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related field w/6-10+ years related experience
* MA/MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related field w/4-7+ years related experience
* PhD degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related field w/2-4+ years related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.