8 months ago
Staff Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 45251BR Date posted 04/14/City Westford
Country United States
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
Qualifications Required Skills:
* 10+ years of software development experience including project leadership roles
* Strong C++ development experience on Unix or Linux systems, including system libraries, threading, and networking; experience with messaging (e.g. ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, XML)
* Strong Software Architecture skills
* Object oriented design experience
* Java experience
* C experience
* Database design, development, and tuning
* Embedded or SBC development
* Experience with SOA architectures
* Cost Account Management experience
* Flight Test or Military Operation support experience
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Ability to drive tasks to closure
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, with the ability to obtain a DoD Security clearance.
* BS degree in engineering or related field required, w/ 10+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.