10 months ago
Staff Systems Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52196BR Date posted 08/09/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Programs is seeking an individual with experience in aircraft actuation system design and has the capability to work collaboratively to define optimal system architectures for satisfying technical performance and life cycle cost objectives. The position will support programs from proposal to entry into service; this includes the preparation of proposals, the definition of all system-level requirements, the flow down of all requirements to the appropriate LRU designs, simulation of system level operation, coordination of system development and qualification testing, and support of all testing at the customer facility including certification testing. Systems integration engineer acts as the focal point for all technical interaction with the customer and/or alliance partners. The position provides direction to technical team with respect to flow down of system requirements, oversight of investigations and analyses, and integration of system elements with themselves and with the system. The position will be required to work across a broad range of functional disciplines including electrical, mechanical and data communication interfaces. Duties will require broad-based design and analysis of complex systems, and may involve "hands-on" hardware testing.
* Establishment of System Architecture including inter Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) interfaces and Communications
* Establish, maintain, and execute objectives for system level requirements management, development, validation and verification activities
* Advanced Methodology support for system architecture studies
* High level System requirements development, validation, test planning and verification
* Allocation of functionality to LRUs (assisted by Product Owners)
* System Model Based Design, including behavioral and dynamic modeling (assisted by Product owners)
* Inter-LRU communications tools and processes
* Lead a cross-functional support team and be able to communicate clearly to various review boards (internally & externally) and with all levels of the organization
* Flight test and customer lab support
* Development Testing, Verification & lifecycle documentation
* Adherence to Configuration Management and Change Control
* Conduct/Participate in Design Reviews, Customer Audits
* Manage many tasks simultaneously
* Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Minimum of 7 years Aerospace Systems Engineering experience
* Broad aerospace life-cycle experience: requirements analysis through system integration including integration lab verification.
* Works well in a structured development process where well-documented requirements, designs, and test procedures are essential.
* Ability to apply basic electrical and mechanical principles to design and/or analyze system interactions.
* Background and experience in electro-mechanical systems, preferably in aerospace industry.
* Experience with DOORS software is highly desirable.
* Familiarity with RTCA, FAA, ARINC, MIL, and ISO specifications.
* Experience with Aircraft Certification requirements related to System Safety. and Reliability (ARP4754, ARP4761 , FAR / JAR) required.
* Experience with Electrical/Hydraulic motor controls.
* Experience with BLDC motors, electrical sensors and sensor interfaces.
* Matlab Model Based development including autocode generation.
* Built In Test Equipment design/EMI design/Aircraft Communications design.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Master's degree is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.