7 months ago
Staff Systems Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55141BR Date posted 10/25/City Vergennes
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Systems Engineer to lead the design, development and integration of various product lines within the Simmonds & Atlantic Inertial Systems (SAIS) segment of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) business unit product portfolio following the UTAS Product Introduction (UPI) process. This role will be responsible for system architecture, requirements, modeling & analysis, and verification to ensure robust systems development. The staff systems engineer will participate and lead integrated product teams (IPT), and interface with other systems engineers, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, engineering management, program management, business development and customers.
Key responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
* Develop and implement system design best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework.
* Lead and/or perform system architecture trade studies.
* Flow down and track customer and system specifications to systems, electrical, mechanical, and software detail specifications.
* Lead and/or support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications based on system simulation and top-level requirements.
* Oversee and manage requirements tracking and validation.
* Work collaboratively with other Engineering disciplines, Programs, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain to achieve optimal design solutions.
* Participate in the proposal process to develop and review cost estimates and proposals packages where Systems engineering resources are required.
* Lead project teams of various disciplines to achieve system design goals.
* Provide technical collaboration, leadership and mentorship to our multi-discipline engineering team.
* Drive new product development and program execution.
* Support the Business Development organization in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFI responses, and responsibility for preparation of technical proposals.
Champion superior ethical and professional behavior in all situations.
* Aerospace development: experience in all phases of the product design, requirements development, system integration, validation and verification process
* Applicable industry, military and commercial standards such as DO-178B/C, DO-160, ARP4754A
* Familiar with Risk Management Processes
* Strong customer and internal stakeholder relationship skills. Ability to work across the organization and various disciplines, including Engineering, Quality and Operations.
* Project management and performance measurement and tracking methods and tools
* Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measurable benefit to our customer and business
* Experience leading diverse technical teams
* Excellent technical problem solving skills, strong analytical skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong work ethic
Strong process skills and familiarity with ACE, Lean Six Sigma, or Total Quality Management
* BS Degree in Engineering w/ 15+ years of related project/systems engineering experience.
* MS degree in Engineering w/10+ years of related project/systems engineering experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.