7 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Moog Aircraft Group Staff Systems Engineer, individuals must bring solid and demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, project management, and Payload Systems/Stores integration. Daily activities include definition, design, integration and test of Payload Systems/Stores hardware. The successful candidate must be well versed in implementing sound systems engineering principals throughout the entire product lifecycle. Candidates must bring first-hand development and/or engineering experience in Payload Systems/Stores integration, in an aerospace context. Applicants must be highly motivated “self-starters” with the ability to effectively guide a multi-disciplinary, geographically distributed team.
Here’s what to expect on a day to day basis:
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to a Payload Systems/Stores integration team, operating as the Technical Project Lead.
• Be responsible for generating design artifacts including: system architecture, design requirements, validation and verification plans, test and analysis reports
• Be the primary technical interface for Moog management, customer representatives, and suppliers.
• Be proactive in communicating progress against commitments, status deliverables and cost/schedule/risk metrics
• Analyze and troubleshoot problems for root cause. Identify and implement accurate solutions in a dynamic work environment.
• Generate reports and presentations based on results from modeling and simulations focused on system performance and safety.
At a minimum you'll need to meet these qualifications:
• BS/MS Degree and 12+ years of progressive experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer or Systems Engineering
• Core competencies in Payload Systems/Stores architecture, requirements management, verification and validation
• Demonstrated experience in Payload Systems/Stores integration and test
• Project Engineering leadership skills for teams of up to 12 members
• Excellent communication and written skills required
• Travel (US based) is required, 10-25%
Preferred qualifications include:
• Ability to obtain a DOD Secret/Top-Secret security clearance
• Experience working with safety-critical systems (including hardware and software)
• Thorough knowledge of design trades for safety, reliability, and fault tolerance
• Proficiencies in Model-Based System Engineering as a framework for system architecture development
• Experience with aircraft payload integration, planning, and testing
• Familiarity with control system design and aircraft flight control systems
• Experience with hydro-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical actuation technologies
• Experience in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow tools as a mechanism for driving requirements development.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran