5 months ago
Staff Tech, Customer Service
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53577BR Date posted 09/12/City Burnsville
* Ability to handle urgent need requests from internal and external customers.
* Capable of maintaining short lead times and handle special requests.
* Report, update, transact and provide information that facilitates the general repair process.
* Ability to meet customer needs and meet required deadlines while meeting a high expectation for quality.
* Capable of working extended hours as needed to meet a customer's requirements
* Under minimal supervision, performs varied and complex tasks
* Applies advanced skills to perform functions of the position within assigned area
* Adapts new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements of the position
* May rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish some assigned tasks and goals
* Resolves most questions and problems, may serve as a resource on several topics, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
* May orient, train, assign and check the work of other employees
* Establish sole contact with assigned customers for all programs under contract.
* Maintain effective liaison and coordination between all functions of the company and the customer with regards to committed/contractual business.
* Represent customers within company; champion customers’ needs and coordinate responses to assure customer expectations are met.
* Communicate effectively in a professional manner, both written and verbally, with internal and external customers.
* Support resolution of conflicts and assure compliance with contract requirements.
* Minimize assumption of business and contract risk; communicate risk issues to appropriate management levels and develop contingency plans as necessary.
* Administer customer request for quotes, purchase orders/repair orders, for both contractual or price listed items.
* Respond to requests for quotes
* Order statusing
* Archiving customer PO and contract file
* Coordinate with ITC for import/export of repairs
* Maintain familiarity and ensure compliance with government regulations (i.e. CAV, WAWF )
* SAP order entry
* Coordinate proper SAP set ups for customers
* Sold-to/Bill-to/Ship-to/Freight Forwarders/Contact Partners
* Route and carrier info
* Material cross references
* Customer Master
* Flow down of contractual requirements
* Provide assertive contract management for customers and programs.
* Process customer claims; warranty, freight and labor, delinquent SPT penalties, etc.
* Perform contract review of all purchase orders
* Repairability determination
* Certification requirements
* Terms & Conditions
* Repair work direction
* Quality Clauses
* Warranty adjudication (both OEM and Repair)
* Identify and support delivery and quality issues within the organization and at the customer.
* Coordinate spare replacement activities with Aftermarket Spares team and OE
* Support customer reporting requirements per contract (i.e. FRACAS, OTIF/OTD metrics, etc.)
* Customer scorecard reconciliation
* Assist with forecast and demand planning feedback to MRO leadership and OE
* Provide support to Financial Shared Services (FSS) to troubleshoot invoicing issues
Qualifications Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of computer systems.
Use of order management software; SAP experience preferred.
AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high
school training (two years duration) with minimum of 5 years experience
Preferred Education: 4-year degree; preferred Business Administration or Management
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.