7 months ago
Staff Technician, Engineering Services
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54423BR Date posted 09/27/City Riverside
UTC Aerospace Systems - Aerostructures, one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms, has an immediate opening for a Staff Technician, Engineering Services at our Riverside, CA facility on 1st shift (M-F 6:30a.m.-3:00p.m.) with some weekend support based on business need.
Area of Expertise:
Provide technical support to the Engineering functional groups.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
* Lab- Mechanical Testing and Analytical Testing to ASTM’s and customer specifications.
* Shop- Able to Interpret Technical Information Requests, Lay-up, cure and trim composite or metal specimens
* Production Support
* Have experience in Structural Composite Repairs; Certifications are a plus
Level of Responsibility:
* Under minimal supervision, performs varied and moderately complex tasks
* Applies semi-advanced skills to perform functions of the position within assigned area
* May adapt new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements of
* the position
* Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
* May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of other employees
Qualification: All Employees Shall:
* Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
* Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
* Attend scheduled EH&S training program
* Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
* Recommend improved EH&S practices
Education: Typical Educational Requirements:
AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high
school training (two years duration) with minimum of 5 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.