This is a recruitment for a Station Agent located in Valdez, Alaska. This is a full time, benefit eligible position. Schedule to be determined. Candidate must be flexible – able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays. Candidate must be committed to accepting a position requiring year-round employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED. Strong customer service skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Able to work with minimal supervision in a public setting with multiple employees and distractions. Ability to lift up to 70+ pounds on a consistent basis. Professional appearance and demeanor; attention to detail and accuracy at all times. Able to tolerate odors and chemicals associated with aircraft operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Airline reservations, ticketing, passengers/baggage check-in, freight air waybills, route freight, load/unload aircraft, written and verbal communications between all airline departments.
• Long periods of standing, keyboarding, legible handwriting with basic mathematics required.
• Confidentiality for safety and security.
• Gate announcements, meeting/boarding aircraft, escorting special needs passengers, diplomacy in dealing with customer complaints, problem solving.
• Self-manage varied workloads while remaining focused on safety, speed, accuracy and attention to detail. Self-motivated.
• Strong diplomacy, teamwork, conflict resolution skills, friendly and polite under pressure.
• Ability to multi task and anticipate others needs of others in a fast-paced work environment.
• Daily operation and basic maintenance of tug, forklift, power cart, fuel truck, deicer, van.
• Fuel aircraft and ground equipment including climbing, pushing/pulling large hoses, bending, reaching, and stooping to achieve safe refueling
• Deicing aircraft from ground level or 30 ft. tower, operate tug, drive safely around aircraft.
• Marshalling aircraft, lifting, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing and pulling.
• Heavy lifting up to 150 lbs with the use of forklift and other ground equipment.