10 months ago
We are looking for a motivated person to fill the position of Station Manager. The position is at our facility located at MacDonald-Cartier International Airport Ottawa. Reporting to the Regional Director, Eastern Canada, his main responsibilities are to manage all of the station's operational and administrative activities, as well as deicing operations at Billy-Bishop Toronto City Airport.
The candidate ensures the application of the priorities in the station, manages and minimizes the risks related to his station. He manages the day-to-day operations and prioritizes the allocation of resources and tasks for operations, projects and events, in accordance with the procedures established by the corporation and the decisions of our partners and clients in a professional and safe manner.
More specifically, the Station Manager:
• Manages all the operations pertaining to the station (i.e. Deicing, Recovery, Snow removal, maintenance…);
• Ensure good management of the budget as well as operating costs and maintenance;
• Ensure application and adherence to the standards and procedures related to the operations, security, environment and maintenance of the installations and equipment;
• Ensure supply of materials and glycol management (reception, tests, delivery, disposal, mixing);
• Ensure compliance with the procedures related to communications and quality control;
• Oversee the training of the employees and participate when needed;
• Produce various reports pertaining to the operations and the environment;
• Overview the RRD facility activities;
• Participate actively and be an ambassador for our Safety Management Systems (SMS);
• Ensure a good relationship with the airline representatives and the airport authorities;
• Responsible for people management and talent development including annual employee performance evaluation ;
• Participate in the hiring process of new employees ;
• Responsible for ongoing reporting to all management Directors ;
• Maintain good employee engagement levels;
• Encourage continuous improvement of all station related processes;
• Advocate company mission and objectives;
• Pursue other business opportunities at the station;
• Other tasks as needed.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position or management position;
• Proven expertise in de-icing operations and team management;
• Any other combination of education and experience may be considered;
• Knowledge of the requirements set forth by airline companies and airport authorities pertaining to de-icing procedures;
• Excellent knowledge of regulations set forth by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transport Canada (TC), Association of European Airlines (AEA) and the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
• Leadership skills demonstrated in teamwork and ability to supervise and coordinate staff;
• Excellent skills in oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
• High capacity for problem solving;
• Autonomy, resourcefulness, flexibility;
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with airlines and airport authorities and service providers;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
• Continuous focus on health and safety.
(***NOTE : The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close
3 days ago
only 25 days until close
3 days ago
only 25 days until close