3 months ago
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record for customer service and safety compliance.
The station training supervisor is responsible for providing quality on-the-job training to our new employees, and continuous learning for our employees in the station. Duties include: manage training projects, monitor records for compliance with ongoing training initiatives both company mandated and those required government regulatory agencies, conduct station audits, oversee de-icing operations.
Supervisors must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when overseeing daily operations. Responsible to meet or exceed all performance goals. Coach and provide career development to the staff. Correct non-compliant behavior and impose disciplinary action as required. Understand the corporate culture, policies and goals, and take measures to implement these into daily work routines. Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports. Maximize operational performance for the station by adjusting to changes in operational conditions and pro-actively solving problems. Provide support when employee absence affects the operation. Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of airline experience, preferably all functions (ticketing, gate, ramp)
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently, set and meet own deadlines
• Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
• Able to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite
• Flexible schedule
• Motivation to succeed
• Excellent attendance record
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s License
• Experienced instructor or public speaker
• Extensive knowledge of QIK, Sabre
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Education or related field
• Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
• Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 70 pounds; provide assistance to customers with disabilities.
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required
We also require proof of High School or GED completion
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators – Major Opportunities