6 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 45344BR Date posted 03/20/City Windsor Locks
Country United States
Work with customers across the company to optimize decision making under uncertainty. Our statisticians work closely with engineering, manufacturing, quality, operations, aftermarket, and finance teams on an incredibly diverse range of projects to bring rigorous statistical analysis to bear in making technical and business decisions using all available data. Examples of projects include designing and analyzing experiments, building hierarchical models from measured data, evaluating significance of engineering and process changes on performance, establishing limits based on observed distributions, and more. Statisticians in our group have the opportunity on a daily basis to apply and develop their skills in nearly every area of statistics.
Qualifications The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated problem solver who can work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team to frame engineering and business decisions in a statistical context. Effective communication is a must: the chosen candidate will be working with non-statisticians on a daily basis and be expected to explain highly complex concepts and analysis. Demonstrated work experience along these lines is preferred. Selected candidate is expected to have familiarity with statistical and data processing tools (e.g. R, SAS, JMP, Minitab, Crystal Ball, Weibull ++). Experience and/or interest in engineering is a plus!
Because of the diversity of projects the group sees on a daily basis, the ideal candidate should be generalist in applied statistics and have solid familiarity with the following specific areas.
* Exploratory data analysis
* Distributions and distribution fitting; and associated calculations
* Linear regression
* Classical design of experiments
* Monte Carlo simulation
* Weibull Analysis and similar analysis using other distributions (e.g. lognormal, extreme value, others)
* Basic Multivariate analysis
* Classical Quality Control Applications: SPC, MSA, process capability, Attribute data analysis
* Risk analysis and Reliability
* Non-parametric statistical methods
In addition, knowledge in these areas is desirable:
* Data mining
* Quality and Reliability engineering
* Bayesian Data analysis methods
* B.S. in Statistics or closely related field with a minimum 6 years of experience is required.
* Candidates with advanced degrees in Statistics or closely related field preferred.
* Additional training and/or degree in engineering is a plus!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.