17 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sterling (STR) Machinist will perform non-complex setups and operate, automatically or manually, CNC mills, conventional milling machines and drills. In this role, you will perform non complicated operations on various materials. In this role, you are required to perform this function in accordance with the following duties.
In this role, you will :
* Work from manufacturing process plans, tool orders, guide templates, patterns, NC programs, drawings, sketches and any other pertinent data, along with materials and parts to be worked
* Study information received in order to determine the most feasible method of setting up machine to perform a series of non-complex operations on all types of materials requiring coordinated and exacting tolerances
* Load program into console and loads work onto machine
* Push cycle start button and observes machining operation
* Run machine via push button and checks display readout to monitor operations
* Check initial piece / part upon completion of the total machining cycle using various tools to ensure conformance to specifications and drawing dimensions
* Document problems, advise supervisor and/or a higher graded operator to facilitate corrective action
* Periodically check parts for conformance to specifications
* Coordinate holding fixture and/or cutting tools to a common reference point located either on the machine working table, fixture, or at the point of axis intersection
* Bring holding fixture, cutting tools, or machine components into alignment or setting by jogging machine controls
* Be able to locate and machine holding fixture location holes in machine worktables
* Set and check cutting tools to given distances in tool holders using presetting equipment as required
* Perform precautionary measurements to prevent damage to part
* Re-position work or changes tooling per M.P.P. and/or NC program during program hold points
* Survey machine operations to detect improper functioning of machine, damaged or worn tools, or deviations from program
* Report malfunction of program control center or equipment to appropriate personnel
* Clean equipment and set up machines for lower classified employees to perform various operations on lower rated tasks such as drilling, taping, milling, boring, facing, and contouring, at one or more machines on various types of material
* Maintain housekeeping in assigned work area
* Regard safety as top priority
* Set up and operate CNC milling machines, conventional milling machines, drill presses and high-speed drill machines, and routing equipment
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum of 4 years of manufacturing experience
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Prior CNC experience
* Teamwork mentality
* Ability and willingness to work overtime
* Excellent attendance record
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Virginia; Sterling
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.