4 months ago
Apply by Date: Feb 28, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
To provide Support Services to the airport as it relates to the day to day operation to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided.
* Maintain radio communication with flight crews.
* Receive and relay data from flight crews, ramp, sales, commissary and maintenance personnel.
* Plot gate assignments on Gate Management System and enter into ACFIDS on a daily basis in accordance with gating restrictions to provide safe movement of aircraft, personnel and passengers.
* Monitor all forecasts and routing changes, forecast all changes in arrival/departure times, advise appropriate personnel and update FIDS/FMIS screens.
* Code and enter delay info into communicator.
* Assist in other related duties as instructed by shift manager/supervisor.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* Other related duties as assigned.
It should be noted that this position involves shift work and prolonged sitting (the position in Calgary also involves all outdoor weather working conditions).
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Post-Secondary Education is considered an asset.
* Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
* Must be proficient with a computer keyboard.
* Customer service experience preferred.
* Previous airline-related experience is an asset.
* Proven ability to handle a fast paced high stress environment and multi-task with excellent decision making skills.
* Knowledge of RES III and/or experience using FLIGHT TRAC is an asset.
* Preference will be given to candidates holding a Restricted Radio Licence.
* Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification ID pass (to be obtained upon employment).
Note: Bilingualism (English and French) is required to work in Montreal.