14 days ago
This position pays per union agreement and it starts at $12.01 plus applicable shift differential of $.51 cents for second shift and $.58 cents for third shift.
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
- The Stores department plays a vital role in the operation of our Maintenance and Engineering organization.
- This position is located at the airport and consists of a warehouse environment.
- Responsible for receiving, requisitioning, shipping, warehousing, storing, dispersing and recording parts, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for helping internal customers with needs such as supplying parts, equipment and supplies
- Warehouse and store parts and supplies
- Prepare shipments for flights and ground transportation
- Process orders and perform inventory
- Drive a variety of vehicles including: pick-up truck, van, box truck, forklift and pallet jack
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18 required
- Authorization to work in the U.S required
- 2 years of warehouse shipping or receiving experience preferred
- Prior aviation supplier experience is preferred
- Must be computer literate, type 25+ WPM and 10-key skill preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to learn and operate a computerized inventory system
- Be adaptable to performing work according to set procedures
- Must be organized and be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have a valid drivers license with a good driving record required
- Must be able to work any shift, hours of the day with any days off required
The location for this position is in Los Angeles, California
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before:
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.