Compass Airlines is seeking a Stores Clerk to join our team at our Louisville, KY location. We have an immediate need for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Heavy Check Store Clerks are responsible for the overall management of Compass materials utilized to maintain company aircraft. This includes the coordination of calibrated tools, shipping and receiving functions, and completion of material requests within a specified time based on operational requirements.
- US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be capable of obtaining Dangerous Goods Shipping certification
- Must be capable of obtaining airport SIDA badge
- Capable and willing to operate hand trucks which will be used for moving heavy objects over 75 pounds
- Must be capable and willing to operate Company vehicle for the purpose of pickup and delivery of Company material
- Must be available for occasional overnight travel
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- 2 years of logistics and materials experience
- Associate’s degree in Aviation or a related field
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments.
- Capable of coordinating multiple requests in an organized and urgent manner.
- Knowledge of preservation procedures and shipping guideline of hazardous materials.
- Repetitive and continual physical work which involves moving and lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) is required as well as the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for properly receiving, binning, issuing, and shipping materials in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of materials to various locations.
- Responsible for return and reconciliation of removed serialized components.
- Maintain an accurate and controlled inventory with the assistance of the Computer Based Tracking System.
- Responsible for timely and accurate cycle counts, as assigned.
- Responsible for investigation and reconciliation of inventory deviations.
- Responsible for maintaining shelf life items in accordance with Company Policy.
- Coordinate with Planning and Programs to determine material availability and scheduling requirements.
- Responsible for materials fulfillment for all Heavy Maintenance work.
- Develop successful relationships with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Extensive reporting accountability to internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Will include alternative work schedules, including night, weekend and holiday schedules.
- Special projects at satellite locations that may require overnight travel.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned per the Company’s Materials Management Manual and the Manager, Logistics and Materials.
- Travel required 20-25%
- This is an SMS safety related position who has the responsibility for making appropriate risk assessments and decision making to achieve acceptable levels of Safety.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.