4 months ago
Apply by Date: Mar 23, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Join an award-winning team with the largest regional airline in Canada!
Jazz operates approximately 700 flights every day across Canada and into the United States. We carry 10 million passengers a year on our fleet of Canadian-made Bombardier CRJ, Q400 and Dash 8 aircraft. Jazz truly is Canada’s airline! We operate more flights to more Canadian destinations than any other carrier.
We are currently accepting resumes for Stores Person. This is a Permanent Full-time position.
Purpose of Position:
The Stores Person is a key member of the Maintenance department. Reporting to the Supervisor, Stores, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining aeronautical products, tooling and consumable stock, along with supporting the fleet with OTP (On Time Performance).
* Perform daily shipping, receiving, inspection, order processing and stocking of inventory;
* Preparation and shipping of parts orders to outlying bases;
* Coordinate delivery of AOG’s (Aircraft On Ground), including customs clearance of AOG parts after hours when required;
* Issue inventory and assist in monitoring and maintaining inventory to appropriate levels;
* Computer data entry of shipments, goods received, work orders etc;
* Filing as required;
* Heavy lifting required;
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers;
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to obtain D/A (Driving Airside License) within 6 months of the employees start date.
* Must be eligible for Restricted Area Pass.
* Must successfully complete Dangerous Goods training.
* Knowledge of aircraft parts preferred and knowledge of common hardware essential.
* Basic computer and data entry skills required.
* Effective work management, attention to details and time management skills are required.
* Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with other departments, employees and supervisors.
* Training and/or experience in inventory management and purchasing an asset.
* Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Note: Bilingualism (English and French) is required to work in Montreal.
Extensive training program will be provided (safety, dangerous goods, forklift, Maintenance Information System…)
This position is a unionized position. Current pay scales are outlined in our collective agreement.
* Pay scales are competitive and progress every 6 months to 1 year.
* Our pay scales also provide cost of living increases yearly.
* This position qualifies for a Technical Premium which is paid on top of the base wage for every hour worked.
What Jazz can offer you:
* Profit Sharing
* Travel Privileges
* Employee Share Ownership
* Pension Plan
* Health & Dental Coverage
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Life Insurance