Denver-based Frontier Airlines is proud to be one of the nation’s premier low cost airlines and our cost-conscious model focuses on offering our passengers ‘Low Fares Done Right’. At Frontier, we are committed not only to providing an affordable, “unbundled” fare that makes air travel accessible to everyone, but also to ensuring that our passengers reach their destination safely, on time, and receive friendly service along the way. Because of our wildly popular model and strong corporate governance, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and always looking for new people to join our team.
The Strategic Contracting Manager (SC Mgr) position has 3 key focus areas: 1) Contracting, 2) Vendor Management, and 3) Process Improvements. The role will lead cross-functional teams to conduct bids and to negotiate contracts for major requirements of goods and services. In addition, the SC Mgr will set up a vendor management program to track and improve vendor performance. The SC Mgr will also implement process improvements to increase efficiency/accuracy of the purchasing process
- Lead cross functional teams to conduct bid process and to negotiate high value and long-term contracts for major projects and operations in the company.
- Analyze the market and screen potential suppliers.
- Build team consensus on key requirements and the decision-making process.
- Issue formal Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to the bidders, answer questions, conduct reviews and resolve open issues.
- Analyze bids and conduct negotiation of commercial terms and contract language.
- Down-select suppliers for final negotiations.
- Develop business case for approvals; obtain approvals and execute contract.
- Work with operations to manage implementation of new suppliers and communicate contract terms to user group.
- Facilitate hand-off of contract management to user group and help establish processes for ongoing management.
- Develop a process to identify and track key metrics to manage vendor performance.
- Gain consensus with operations on appropriate metrics and tracking process.
- Review vendor management process with suppliers and gain buy-in.
- Implement vendor management process.
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with vendor executives to review results and action plans.
- Support operating groups to negotiate significant issues with the suppliers regarding commercial disputes, operational problems, and communication processes.
- Collaborate with suppliers and operating groups to build action plans for vendor improvement.
- Identify key purchasing processes that need to be re-designed or enhanced to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with all process user groups to flow chart existing processes and determine weaknesses.
- Design new processes or enhancements to existing process to fix flaws and improve efficiency.
- Implement process changes and track results.
- Find and implement opportunities to automate processes and eliminate non-value added work.
- Act as key point of contact to understand SOX compliance issues within supply chain and work with SOX group to implement changes required to adhere to SOX compliance standards.
- Support operations in resolving supplier operational and commercial issues.
- Lead quarterly business review meetings with supplier executives.
- Support tactical purchasing requirements when needed.
- Manage material process for major aircraft modifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Logistics, Finance, Supply Chain Management or other related field
- Advanced degree or MBA highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain management, sourcing, financial analysis or related function
- Experience with sourcing airline goods and services preferred
- Leadership or project management experience in supply chain operations, financial analysis
- Experience in negotiating high-value and long-term contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in research and analysis, commodity expertise, forecasting, negotiation, contract management, and leading projects
- Fully competent in financial analysis and assessment; logistics; strategic sourcing; TCO/design-to-cost; e-commerce/information technology; presentation skills; communication skills; project management; value-based decision analysis; process design and improvement; and consensus building strongly preferred
- Experience in change management, performance management, team building and resource planning and management
- Demonstrates organizational values of integrity, respect for people, diversity appreciation, innovation, adherence to ethical standards, challenging the status quo, excellence in performance, commitment to shareholder value, teamwork and continuous improvement
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.