14 days ago
Vertex Aerospace is a Division of L3 Technologies, and is a growth-oriented organization focused on rapidly increasing our market share within the MRO and Fleet Management market segment. We are seeking a qualified and dedicated Manager of Strategic Sourcing.
This position will be located in Madison, MS and will report directly to the Director of Procurement. The primary role of this position is to develop and execute pre-award sourcing strategies, cultivate strong supplier relationships and provide a mature, established supply base as part of the post-award transition.
The Manager of Strategic Souring is responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing sales or procurement contracts that support Vertex Aerospace business objectives.
The Manager of Strategic Souring develops negotiation strategies, conducts negotiations with suppliers, evaluates risk exposure, and makes recommendations to senior management for potential long-term agreements with suppliers.
The Manager of Strategic Souring works with Business Development, Sr. Management, Finance, Procurement, Operations, Program Management, Customers and Suppliers to ensure compliance with internal policies, mitigate risk and maximize returns.
The Manager of Strategic Souring develops and executes strategies for procurement of high-value goods and services and must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines and demands of both internal and external stakeholders.
Negotiate with suppliers and manage the contractual aspects to ensure compliance with required corporate governance and approvals
• Manage the pre and post contract administration of contracts and subcontracts which may include management of risk, compliance, audit reviews, establish and maintain key performance metrics, review of applications for payment, valuations and payment certificates
• Fully understand, negotiated and execute the contract terms and conditions and manage their flow down to suppliers / subcontractors
• Ensure that all tasks are delivered to optimize returns and minimize risk
• Review, highlight and address any risk areas within the tasks and address these with the relevant Capture Manager, Program Manager, Business Manager and Supply Chain Leadership
• Provision of weekly/monthly reports as necessary
• Review and input to cost reports
• Working with the leadership team, develop the procurement strategy for the allocated product areas and ensure the strategy is communicated within the business
• Evaluate potential suppliers and drive the supplier selection process
• Develop, negotiate and implement Long Term Agreements with suppliers in line with business requirements
• Manage the overall relationship with suppliers, including supplier performance
• Manage subcontract budget and internal resources in support of the business requirements
• Manage cost reduction activities by the development of sourcing strategies to drive out costs including value engineering, re-sourcing and use of low cost countries
• Play a key role in formulating and implementing the Make/Buy strategy for the appropriate business area(s)
• Manage subcontracts for products including supplier schedules to meet requirements
• Effectively manage risk and mitigation for subcontracts within area of responsibility including management of any risk mitigation budgets
• Negotiate agreements with suppliers/vendors
• Increase “customer” satisfaction through the provision of materials and services ensuring that cost and lead times are reduced
• Support the development of Supply Chain functions into “World Class” operations incorporating best practice process and methods
• Operate in a constructive and co-operative manner with the key relationships noted above and to uphold and promote Company values
• Maintain an ethical approach to business in line with the Company Ethics Policy
• Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years of directly related work experience, in Strategic Sourcing with a good understanding of Business, Finance and Contracts, and experience in procurement of aviation / aerospace products and services OR Associate’s Degree plus 6 years of directly related work experience, in Strategic Sourcing with a good understanding of Business, Finance and Contracts, and experience in procurement of aviation / aerospace products and services OR High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 10 years of directly related work experience, in Strategic Sourcing with a good understanding of Business, Finance and Contracts, and experience in procurement of aviation / aerospace products and services.
• SAP experience is highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of the following government regulations: Federal Aviation, Federal Acquisition and Government Property
• Experience in contracting with the U.S. government is preferred
• Experience drafting, vetting and negotiating contracts
• Demonstrated experience in Leading, Managing and developing people
• Skilled negotiator with experience in project management and supplier performance
• An ability to interface well at all levels within the business and outside to customers, partners and suppliers
• Demonstrated experience in formulating and executing strategies
• Personal skills enabling a functional culture of effective teamwork
• Able to interface across all levels of the business and the organization
• Able to address and manage several different actions/issues at the same time
• Strong influencing skills and relationship management skills
• Team building experience a plus
Candidates must be able to obtain/maintain a secret clearance which requires US Citizenship and must be able to pass additional security background checks as required.
Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.
L-3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Mar 8, 2018, 8:53:09 PM