10 months ago
Job ID #: 9771
Location: US - Illinois - West Chicago
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Division: AHV - Instrumentation & Specialty Controls
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Illinois - West Chicago
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Travel Percentage: 25
Hours of Work:
We are dedicated to becoming a world class manufacturer that provides cutting edge instrumentation technology to the construction, heavy truck, and food service industries. This position is critical to ensure continuous improvement and availability of all commodities needed for an uninterrupted supply of quality products to support our businesses. This position can be located at our Instrumentation Systems headquarters in West Chicago, IL or our manufacturing facility in Reynosa Mexico which is just across the border from McAllen,TX.
In this role, you will lead our team of procurement professionals toward developing, implementing and managing material sourcing strategies needed to achieve both short term and long term continuous cost reduction improvement plans, while maintaining the highest levels of quality and service.
This position will also collaboratively lead the effort in creating and implementing key commodity VA/VE (Value Analysis and Value Engineering) projects for the division that target improved Quality, Delivery and Cost position throughout the division. For this role, you will need to be innovative, analytical, and insightful with strong interpersonal skills to influence positive changes throughout the entire supply chain and respective division team members. As a contributing factor in our success with continuous Quality, Delivery and Cost solutions, you will be responsible for launching NPI (New Product Introduction) with Engineering to ensure supplier selection and alternative suppliers are in place to meet the divisional launch dates, material costs/ margins, and expected supply base performance to accelerate/meet product time to market demands.
• Meet and strive to exceed the Division’s annual goals for PPV (Purchase Price Variance) Material Cost Reductions, VA/VE initiatives, customer score cards and other related metrics. Quantitatively measure progress against initiatives, communicate monthly forecasts and action status to business site leaders, while developing, executing and communicating corrective action plans to ensure the divisional sourcing goals are achieved.
• Develop and manage the entire supply base in a manner that builds long-term strategic relationships with key supply partners worldwide. Analyze and implement innovative supply chain solutions that deliver the absolute best competitive advantage for Quality, Delivery and Cost, for current and future needs.
• Ensure on-time deployment of New Product Introductions for the Division via the strategic sourcing and supplier selection process that obtains expected margins
• Design and deploy processes that are consistent with the identified strategy and partnering with other Global Sourcing Leaders across AMETEK
• Provide leadership and development for the Division’s Commodity Managers
• Work with the Quality organization to drive and improve the Supplier Quality process that further reduces internal and external quality PPMs and product failures to ensure the highest level of quality performance.
• Negotiate, draft and uphold master contracts for suppliers and contract manufacturers, including general terms and conditions, OTD expectation, pricing, lead-times and cash flow/ payment conditions. Pro-actively drive contract terms that support our key initiatives including reduction of inventory through consignment and lead-time reductions
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, with an emphasis in supply chain management or equivalent experience required
• A minimum of 3 years of people management experience
• Knowledgeable in lean skills including Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Transactional Process Improvements and Value Engineering initiatives
• CPIM, CPM, completed APICS modules and MBA are a plus
• Proven ability to drive strategic initiatives and execute at tactical level when needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.