2 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies for key commodities and services. This position will facilitate cross-functional planning and project execution to drive optimized sourcing strategies.
• Conducts negotiations of pricing, pay terms and contracts.
• Acts as a mentor for other procurement team members and assists in their development. Provides leadership for the Supplier development and commodity management team and acts as a source of technical and process knowledge.
• Development of supply base / commodity strategies consistent with business initiatives. Analysis of suppliers and their industries, identification of preferred suppliers, and Supply base rationalization and consolidation
• Utilize the Supplier Quality program, in conjunction with Quality Department. Monitors supplier performance, taking action where necessary.
• Facilitate timely flow of information, technical and market, between supply base and internal customers (e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing)
• Partnering with incumbent Suppliers to develop and expand new technologies within products to achieve sustainable competitive advantage by; improving current quality levels, i.e. control characteristics identification, product reliability analysis; Technology development; Raw material sourcing (pass through pricing); Cost, i.e. lean manufacturing, and value stream mapping.
• Ensure cross functional team has access to the PSL and understands benefits associated with consolidated new product spend with a preferred supplier base
• Coordinate with Aerospace Group sourcing resources to ensure alignment of supply chain and manufacturing locations are optimal for both pricing and logistic impact
• Coordinate component selection reviews to optimize supply chain in terms of lead time, life cycle and availability.
• Plan, direct, execute, and finalize projects from beginning to end, ensure successful implementation of projects.
• Analyze prior large project pricing reviewing pricing trends in order to develop strategies for future sourcing events or negotiations.
• Drive total cost reductions/containment without sacrifice to quality and performance. Plan, develop, and execute e-Sourcing events relevant to the opportunities that are present in the set of commodities and services.
• Negotiation of pricing and contracts. Ensure key contractual reductions are realized.
• Actively participating, from program conception, in New Product Development and Cost Reduction programs. Primary responsibility is to ensure that supply base trends, knowledge and expertise, are utilized to optimize program cycle times and product material costs.
• Promoting material standardization programs across the company.
- Minimum of 6-8 years supply chain, purchasing/managerial experience
- 4 year college degree in business, engineering, materials management or other related discipline required with certification
in supply chain management preferred.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper
- Must have functional understanding of cost accounting and adopt to practical application.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand of electronic processing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices.
- Experience Managing Categories including Machined Parts
- APICS certified will be a plus.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, set priorities, organizes and coordinates with others.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Candidate must be able to travel at least 50% of the time and must travel internationally.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)