4 months ago
Keyword: Stress and dynamics analyst, Compressor Static Structures
Request Number: ENG
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
Organisational Unit: 3137-Static Structures Compressor
Posting Start Date: 2017-12-20
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: PWC Static Structures department is responsible for thermal and stress analysis of static (nonrotating) components in Gas Turbine Engines. The main deliverable throughout the design process is optimal geometry and suitable material selected to meet the structural requirements such as durability & strength achieving the best ratio of weight & cost for engine reliable service and target performance.
Specific responsibilities of position: - Plan and execute stress, thermal and lifing analysis (FEA and analytical approach);
- Develop & perform tests (stress, temperatures, material characterization), interpret test results and calibrate analytical models;
- Investigate the field events from stress point of view and contribute to FMEA and develop a fix;
- Advancing simulation capability by exploring new methods and converting lessons learned from calibration efforts into standard work (develop process definition documents);
- Damage tolerance analysis (defects induced in manufacturing process or field findings);
- Contribute to integrated product team (IPT) starting from engine concept studies until
Qualifications required: - Bachelor or Masters degree (New graduates welcome) in a relevant field of studies;
- Solid knowledge of material behavior and failure in materials;
- Understanding of a gas turbine engine design and engine certification are strong assets;
- Experience in thermal analysis is an asset;
- Good command of FEA by ANSYS. Good command of LS-DYNA & NASTRAN;
- Good command of Catia or equivalent is an asset;
- Strong communication abilities.
Field of studies: Avionics, Aerodynamics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.