Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and HAECO Americas ("HAECO") standards of quality.
1. Analyze and check structural engineering data produced by other engineering groups to ensure it meets the structural requirements for FAA certification.
2. Create and develop structural engineering substantiation reports that will be used to certify repair and modification data.
3. Generate stress analysis notes in a usable, traceable file that serves as a historical substantiation record of the repair or modification.
4. Create, develop, and implement test procedures as required to obtain certifiable allowables data for use by HAECO.
5. Develop finite element models to aid in the development of design and certification data.
6. Serve as the primary focal point for HAECO engineers, customers & technical personnel regarding structural substantiation issues.
7. Develop expertise on Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR's), Airworthiness Directives (AD's), Alternate Means of Compliance (AMOC) & related regulatory requirements & processes.
8. Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO's internal policies and procedures.
9. Provide technical support to HAECO Production during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
1. BS Degree in Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace Engineering or related scientific field.
2. Five (5) years industry experience in engineering field, preferably dealing in repair and maintenance of transport category aircraft.
3. Minimum three (3) years performing stress analysis on transport category aircraft
4. Must possess extensive knowledge of engineering principles, classical stress analysis techniques and analytical substantiation methods.
5. Must possess a good working knowledge of repair and fabrication practices, aviation hardware and general aircraft maintenance and modification operations.
6. Must possess proficiency with personal computer systems with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD 2000 and/or SolidWorks.
7. Must be proficient with PC-based or workstation-based analysis software systems. Experience with ANSYS FEM system preferred.
8. Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.