3 months ago
The Boeing Space Vehicle Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Structural Analysis Engineer (Level 3) for the Structural Dynamics Group. The role supports design by developing specification requirements, assembling finite element (FE) models and performing FE analysis, and generating structural load requirements. The role designs, analyzes, leads, and documents vibration, acoustic, and shock testing at unit, subsystem, and spacecraft levels. In preparation for spacecraft testing, the role assesses launch and ascent loads provided by launch vehicle contractors and simulates the test using dynamic FE analysis. Post test, the role correlates models and verifies and validates requirements.
We are looking for someone who is innovative, creative, and challenges the status quo. You work in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems you will collaborate with leaders in space development and pave the way in creating the world’s best satellites. You will be a leader in space innovation.
* Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
* Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort. Works under minimal direction.
* Leads in defining vibration, acoustic and shock levels and frequency spectra, by scaling measurements from similar configurations and using predictive analysis tools, in order to determine environment for design and test of vehicle and components.
* Leads in defining quasi-static load factors, by enveloping expected vehicle environments, to ensure robust design.
* Leads engineering analysis and failure investigations and provides consultation to internal and external customers and regulatory agencies, to ensure product safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
* Translates product level requirements into structural design requirements for the service life of the product, to ensure company, customer and regulatory requirements are met.
* Leads the vehicle design verification process and review and approves results, in order to substantiate structural integrity and show compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education & Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's with or more years' experience or PhD. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* Experience in structural mechanics, structural dynamics, vibration, and / or acoustics.
* Finite Element (FE) modeling and analysis skills are required.
* Must have experience in concepts of dynamics analysis, acoustics, and dynamic signal analysis particularly in the frequency domain.
* Experience with dynamics testing such as modal, vibration, acoustics, and shock is highly regarded.
* Experience with the concepts of time domain and frequency domain multi-degree-of-freedom dynamic analysis and Craig-Bampton models.
* Experience with PATRAN, NASTRAN, VA-One and/or equivalent analysis tool.
* Experience with Creo View, Creo Simulate, MatLab, and/or equivalent design/analysis tool.
* Experience mentoring junior engineers.
* Experience leading technical teams.
* Experience working with personnel and data from multiple engineering groups including, design, stress, mass properties, attitude control, thermal, mechanical systems, space simulation (testing instrumentation), and design-integration.
* Experience supporting software development, maintenance, and documentation of both industry and internally developed software tools is a value added skill but not required.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award