10 days ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced Structural Analysis Engineer (Grade 3). This position will be in Saint Louis, MO on the Fatigue and Tracking (F&T) team and will support one or more of the following aircraft: F-22, F/A-18A-F, EA-18G, T-45, AV-8B platforms.
F&T efforts support airframe and spares production as well as supporting in-service structural issues and fatigue life extension programs. F&T provides fatigue support for a number of weapons integration and capabilities expansion efforts as well as a number of Proprietary efforts. Team tasks include durability and damage tolerance analysis, Master Events Spectrum generation, fatigue
allowables development for design. F&T is responsible for structural certification of redesign components.
While the above provides details of the fatigue specific aspects of the position, the following more general description for a Grade 3 engineering position is also applicable:
* Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to
establish the system design.
* Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment.
* Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models / simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
* Develops test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes / reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
* Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
* Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
* Works under general direction.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
* Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering classification
* Experience working with aircraft stress analysis/structural analysis
* Experience in structural analysis methods and tools such as Finite Element Analysis
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience on military fighter platforms highly preferred
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is based in Saint Louis, MO and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award