4 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Structural Design Engineers (Level 3) to join the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, OK. As a member of this team, you will execute structural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Develops detail and modification design concepts / final design and meeting contractual / producibility requirements for end item deliverables
* Structural modifications, mechanical components and primary and secondary structural detail / installation design for EMD and Production purposes
* Integrates detail design of parts / hardware installation and support to planning / manufacturing efforts and associated tools
* Conducts Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary / Critical Design Reviews (PDR / CDR) with US and Foreign Air Force customers
* Document processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of structural commodities
* Develops complex statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets
* Perform technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
* Support new business and proposal activities
* Works under minimal direction
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
* Aircraft design experience
* Experience with 3D CAD modeling
* Experience working as an engineer on a multi-disciplined team with frequent interaction with suppliers and customers
* Experience creating structural / mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
* Model-Based-Definition design experience
* Experience do you have using Durability and Damage Tolerance (D&DT) Tools
* Experience leading teams / projects
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award