8 months ago
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of aircraft structures design.
2. Fundamental understanding of aircraft structures design principles.
3. Ability to use computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in design of aircraft structures.
The following unique skills are preferred:
1. Gulfstream engineering experience, e.g. G450, G550, G650, G500, G600.
2. Experience with Maintenance and Structural Repair Manuals
3. Experience designing aircraft structural repair drawings with basic static stress analysis in support of the drawing.
4. Fundamental knowledge of composite and metal bonded structures design.
5. Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving.
6. Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
7. Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization's position with external and internal customers.
8. The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, managers, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors degree. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline 2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures 3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources 4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats 5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues 6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity 7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 101046
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.