11 days ago
We are seeking a Structures Modification Technician to install depot level TCTOs/TDs onto the V-22 Osprey aircraft at Hurlburt Field AFB, FL.
- Performs aircraft depot level modifications and/or structures work to include the following: Composite repair, cold hole working, close tolerance hole drilling, bonding repairs, layout and various fastener installation, ability to manufacture parts from engineer drawings.
- Performs a full range of aircraft sheet metal duties including, but not limited to, disassemble, modify, repair, and reassemble complex aircraft metal items and systems, e.g., bulkheads, airframes, spars, air scoops, wings, flaps, pylons, sponsons, fuselages, skins, ribs, gussets and fuel tanks.
- Analyzes and evaluates structural damage to metal systems and items; develop patterns using a combination of parallel and radial line development; fabricate, install, and repair a variety of items and systems made from a wide variety of metals, e.g., stainless steel, copper sheet, magnesium, honeycomb, alloys, aluminum; replace sections and patch old systems; cut, bend, shape, and form metals for items that have numerous irregular angles, planes, and curves with varying pitch and circumference; use a variety of assembly joints, complex fastening systems, riveted or welded joints, drill or punch holes; and assemble or repair items by seaming, bolting, screwing, riveting, tacking.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Oversees training.
- Works under general direction.
- At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 4 years aircraft maintenance experience
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally on short notice
- Work variable shifts as needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- A current active Secret U. S. Security Clearance
- Experience in reading and interpretation of blueprints
- Minimum 3 years experience performing aircraft depot level modifications and/or structures work to include the following: Composite repair, cold hole working, close tolerance hole drilling, bonding repairs, layout and various fastener installation.
- V-22 maintenance experience
- A current FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) License
• High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award