6 months ago
Summer College Intern - Manufacturing Engineer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Under moderate supervision, assists with planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning).
1. Perform technical studies and conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed)
2. Help develop plans and recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components)
3. Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements
4. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed
5. Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings
6. Incorporate Lead Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes
7. Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Currently seeking or just completed(May 2017) a bachelors or masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials or Composites Engineering, or related curriculumin a full time capacity.
2. Ability to operate computerized equipment.
3. Must have a 2.8 cumulative gpa or higher at the time of application, and it must be noted on the resume submitted.
4. Must be able to work 40 hours per week for 12- 14 weeks during the Summer internship.
5. Must have your own reliable transportation to and from work for the duration of the internship.
6. Proficient in MS Suite.
7. Lean Manufacturing knowledge highly desired.
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 80481
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Coop/Intern
Number of Openings: 6.00