9 months ago
CATIA or similar CAD design experience. Lean six sigma experience, Any test lab equipment operation experience, and Green Belt preferred. Prefer a Mechanical or Aerospace engineering tract student.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Under guidance of the senior quality staff, the students will be assigned to complete various mechanical testing, NDT, calibration, or inspection studies for composite materials.
1. Miscellaneous technical data generation and analysis of NDT, mechanical testing or other available tools are used within the lab environment. These tasks will include working with data to support composite testing.
2. Support of component and full-scale aircraft test activities as necessary.
3. Interface with other internal organizations such as manufacturing, marketing, service, product support and purchasing as well as external customers and suppliers when
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Currently seeking or just completed(May 2017) a bachelors or masters in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials/Systems Engineering in a full time capacity
2. Junior level or above by May 2017
3. Must have a 2.8 cumulative gpa or higher at the time of application, and it must be noted on the resume submitted
4. Must be able to work 40 hours per week for 12- 14 weeks during the Summer internship
5. Must have your own reliable transportation to and from work for the duration of the internship
6. Should have excellent basic engineering, scientific and mathematical skills and be conversant with CAD tools, Microsoft Office software, and engineering analysis tools
7. Should have proven record of high achievement and team work
8. Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
9. Should display maturity and high level of professionalism
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 81123
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Coop/Intern
Number of Openings: 1.00