5 months ago
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and efficiently directs all line and/or heavy maintenance activity on company aircraft, support equipment and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervises the implementation of long and short range planning for either Line or Heavy maintenance planning, programs, objectives and policies.
* Implements procedures for maintaining high standards of Line or Heavy aircraft maintenance operations to ensure aircraft conform to all FAA, CommutAir Maintenance Program and manufacturers’ quality standards.
* Manage to headcount requirements as determined by Line or Heavy Maintenance Manager.
* Assist Line or Heavy Maintenance Manager in the management of maintenance operations annual budget for his location.
* Identify, develop, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost, rework and scrap at his location.
* Supervise and monitor either Line or Heavy maintenance at his location to ensure goals of the Maintenance Operations organization annual plan are on target.
* Act as a liaison for his location between internal and external department leaders to ensure proper communications of decisions and policy changes that effect their performance and results.
* Train, develop and evaluate employees at his location. Take corrective actions as necessary in a timely manner within company policy to address any deficiencies in performance. Ensure compliance with all current federal, state, local and company labor requirements.
* Coordinate the implementation of facility projects (e.g. Hangar/Shop layouts, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
* BA/BS in Aviation, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline desired.
* 2+ years of experience in aviation management or 4+ years of aviation management experience with no BA/BS degree as stated above.
* Preferred experience is with an airline or aircraft MRO with responsibilities for leading a workforce of 25+ employees.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Valid Passport and Driver’s license in good standing
* Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification
* Experienced in the Coaching and Counseling Process
* Proven record of team building and development of assigned technicians
7 months ago
only 2 days until close
3 months ago
only 27 days until close