4 months ago
This position will be responsible for the oversight of heavy maintenance activities at contract vendor MRO facilities to ensure the work is done as an extension of the American Airlines Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure all maintenance performed by contract maintenance vendors is accomplished in accordance with all requirements of Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies and procedures.
* Maintain familiarity with American Airlines contractual arrangement with contract vendor and applicable Airworthiness Agreements.
* Ensure acceptable standards are met in all maintenance, repairs, alterations and inspections that are performed by the contract maintenance vendors.
* Perform on-going surveillance of work performed on airframe and in support shops, including removed components, with particular attention to critical areas (i.e. flight control rigging, CPCP tasks, etc.).
* Ensure adherence to correct use of technical data, proper tools, approved quality personnel and equipment calibration.
* Ensure all maintenance activities are properly documented with accurate references.
* Ensure all required reports are generated and distributed to applicable departments in a timely manner.
* Evaluate and approve non routine work requests (for example, time, hours, parts, etc.) as required by vendors contract.
* Make inputs into the AA maintenance systems as required.
* Attend daily vendor production meetings.
* Participate on Functional Checks Flights as required.
* Provide technical support to vendor personnel.
* Coordinate with flight crews and IOC/MOC for aircraft movements.
* Coordinate with other on-site AA personnel (Quality Control, Engineering, Materials) to ensure all maintenance program requirements are being met.
* Conduct a 100% review of all paperwork for completeness.
* Position requires extensive travel both domestically and internationally.
* A & P license.
* At least 5 years’ experience (or the equivalent combination of experience/training) on aircraft represented at "C" check facility.
* Heavy maintenance experience on aircraft or similar aircraft type as that represented at "C" check facility.
* Must be able to qualify for RII on company-owned aircraft represented at "C" check facility.
* Familiarity with applicable OEM manuals related to aircraft represented at "C" check facility.
* Must be able to possess Aircraft Release Authority.
* Combination of experience/training with airline maintenance programs, including Corrosion Prevention and Control Program (CPCP).
* Familiarity with heavy maintenance vendor oversight.
* Ability to obtain necessary travel documents.
* Familiarity with and knowledgeable of all applicable Company manuals and the manual revision process.
* Knowledgeable of applicable FAA regulations, specifically FARs 21, 43, 121, and 145, including FAR 145 Repair Station vendor operations and responsibilities.
* Familiarity with Operations Specification document and the Quality Assurance Approved Repair Overhaul Vendor List.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 13186
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Manager, Engineer, Quality Assurance, Facilities, Management, Engineering, Aviation, Technology, Operations