Position Title: Supervisor Building Control
The Building Control Supervisor Position effectively communicates all monitoring information from user interfaces and from internal customers throughout JetBlue Airways Corp. to other internal customers or Business Partners for priority resolution.
* Monitor the building and life safety systems of T 5 and all JetBlue Airways Corp. facilities through graphic user interfaces, phone and internet.
* Manage JFK Facility related action plans to address leadership initiatives
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
* Three (3) years airline facility experience
* Available for occasional overnight travel (20%)
* Available after hours and for emergency response
* Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
* Depending upon location, may need to possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
* Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
* Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* College degree with construction
* BOMA or other Facility related trade organization
* Airline experience in Facility Management
* HVAC and or Electrical Systems knowledge.
* CFC or HVAC experience
* Experience building Systems experience with jetway and conveyor systems
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Computer and other office equipment
* HVAC, electrical, and plumbing
* BMS monitoring systems
* IT infrastructure
* Airport Environment
* Subject to weather and elevated noise levels within airports
* Ability to stand for an extended period of time
* Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently and/or be in a position where bending, crouching, kneeling, etc. is needed. (Heavy)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.